Do you ever get in that rut? You know, the one where you make the same recipes again and again even though you keep saying you need to find new ones? Yup...we are right there with you. In the spirit of the holiday season, we decided to try a few new drink recipes. So here we go...two Thistle + Reed approved holiday drinks to impress your friends and family with this year! Give them a try and let us know if you love them as much as we do : )
CRANBERRY & ROSEMARY CHRISTMAS SANGRIA (makes 4 servings)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 Braeburn apple (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large sprig rosemary (more for garnish)
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup sugar (more for garnish)
- 1 can club soda
- In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients
- Mix well so sugar fully dissolves
- Place in fridge to chill (about an hour)
- While the sangria is chilling, here's your chance to make a super easy garnish that looks like you are a super star! Put 1/2 cup of sugar into a shallow bowl. Lightly wet rosemary sprigs with water, shaking off excess. Roll them in sugar to make it look like rosemary covered in snow.
- Once sangria is chilled, pour into glasses and add your garnish...Enjoy!
GINGERBREAD EGGNOG WHITE RUSSIAN (makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon for rimming glasses
- 2 tsp sugar for rimming glasses
- 4 oz eggnog
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz kahlua
- 3 tsp molasses
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- whipped cream for topping
- molasses drizzle for topping
- Mix cinnamon and sugar, then pour onto a plate
- Wet rims of glasses with water, then dip them into the cinnamon sugar mixture
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour eggnog, vodka, kahlua, molasses and ginger. Shake well to combine
- Pour into your rimmed glasses
- Add whipped cream and add a drizzle molasses for a fun and fancy look...Enjoy!
Happy Holidays from Thistle + Reed and remember to drink responsibly!
xoxo Shannon & Marisa